Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Event Technology I
Key Job Responsibilities
Financial Management and Reporting
- Drive Results by managing an efficient and profitable operation with a focused approach on revenue maximization and profitability using cost control measures in accordance with the company’s standard operating procedures.
- Achieve PSAV’s financial goals for the location(s) by effectively managing labor, equipment sub-rentals and other costs.
- Understand and utilize operational and financial reports and completes standard and ad hoc reports accurately and on time.
- Utilize the Company billing system to coordinate invoicing activities and makes certain that billing is reviewed and approved by clients.
- See the Big Picture by completing the sales forecast at home location, ensuring they are accurate and submitted timely.
- Participate in business review presentations as needed, in collaboration with regional management.
- Review and manage location P & L and develops action plans to address deficiencies/grow the business
- Confirms venue partners process all payments to PSAV in a timely basis.
- Perform daily floor operations including scheduling and equipment setups, operation, and strikes. Assist on the floor as needed.
- Ensure that all equipment and services are delivered on time, in good working condition and as specified by clients and the venue, and in accordance to brand standards.
- Anticipate equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
- Use inventory control procedures to maintain proper inventory levels while also maintaining safety, security, and quality assurance of equipment.
- See the Big Picture by efficiently sharing labor and equipment within the local market.
- Attend all operational venue meetings such as daily stand up meetings with venue operations staff.
- Work with Regional Sales Director to create effective sales strategies to maximize revenue per-event for assigned customers including upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Prepare and deliver compelling presentations that convey the value of PSAV and effectively solve customer challenges.
- Effectively prepare and present quotes and proposals in a timely manner to customers, including those submitted through www.psav.com, venue booking system, or other sources as assigned.
- Attend site visits, pre-conference planning meetings, and appropriate venue meetings as necessary to support the customer event experience.
- Collaborate with vendors and other departments/divisions of the company to capture and service events.
- Understand event cost structure and incorporate into solution designs according to established profitability guidelines.
- Attend customer meetings, understanding their goals and responding to their questions, concerns, and challenges.
- Do the Right Thing by ensuring all customer information is up to date and accurate in the Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) at all times.
- Maintain knowledge of new product/service offerings and emerging technology supporting meetings and events
- Create and present information and reports, as needed, to senior management related to performance, pipeline, forecasting, etc.
- Deliver World-Class Service by cultivating and maintaining relationships with customers, venue personnel and various PSAV supporting functions and departments.
- Position will have oversight to personnel to assist with event execution.
- Exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Meet with guests on site to confirm that their needs are met and the equipment setup is accurate and working properly.
- Monitor small to medium size events and check in on customers throughout the day.
- Enforce the guidelines in the Employee Guide and/or venue standards for the team to portray a polished and professional image.
- Understand and oversees the technical aspects of the job and applies basic to advanced troubleshooting and problem solving skills to guide technicians in resolving equipment and software issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Effectively utilizes applicable company computer systems.
- Act as on-site technical expert as needed for events.
- Assist on the floor with operations as needed.
- Value People by promoting a culture of high performance, accountability and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Manage performance, addresses employee concerns, maintains adequate staffing levels, and facilitates team development.
- Manage the human resources activities including selection, performance management, and learning.
- Provide focused and continued coaching to develop the skills of team members.
- Train employees on PSAV standards for service and equipment, and verifies they are properly trained on company computer systems.
- Recommend team members for training opportunities, as needed.
- High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 3 years of audio visual experience
- 1 years of supervisory experience
- 2 years of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
- Sales experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of audio visual equipment in a live show environment
- Proficiency with the use of computer hardware
- Proficiency with computer software and programs, including the Internet and Microsoft Office
- Effective leadership abilities and customer satisfaction focus.
- A valid driver’s license is required for team members who may operate Company vehicles.
Drives Vision and Purpose