Northern Tool + Equipment
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Small Engine Mechanic
at Northern Tool + Equipment
We are searching for a Small Engine Mechanic to service and repair products that are brought to the store for repair. The Mechanic promotes customer relations and satisfaction by completing jobs on schedule or connecting with customers, in a timely manner, to give them updates on issues such as unattainable replacement parts and warranty issues. The Mechanic is also responsible for sourcing parts for stock and repairs and ordering parts.
At Northern Tool & Equipment We Offer:
- A fast growing nationwide brand – over 100 locations in 20 states.
- Competitive wages plus commission.
- Clean and organized work environment.
- Supplied tools and uniforms.
- A defined training program to support your success.
- Competitive benefits package: health, retirement, employee assistance and more!
- Generous employee discount at all of the Kotula family of companies – Northern Tool & Equipment, Kotulas.com, The Sportsman’s Guide.com, The Golf Warehouse.com, Soccersavings.com, Baseballsavings.com, Tractorseats.com, Great Northern Equipment.
- At least one year years of experience repairing and maintaining small engines, large lawn equipment, generators, commercial pressure washing units, mowers, tillers, and other related equipment with a track record of success.
- The skills to clearly explain and communicate to the customer’s satisfaction the diagnosis and repair of the machine in a professional manner to provide a positive experience.
- Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness, while providing a valued quality solution to the customer.
- The ability to recognize and observe all safety and security procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions, and use equipment and materials properly.
- The desire to treat others with respect and contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- The ability to understand and follow instructions and promptly respond to direction.
- The drive to work with integrity, always upholding company values, while operating a profitable service business.
You Might Also Have:
- Knowledge of small engine theory (2 and 4 stroke): lubrication, cooling, ignition and fuel systems.
- Certifications in major manufacture brands like Honda, Kohler, Briggs & Stratton, Generac, MTD, etc. Master certification is a plus!
- Extensive experience with electrical systems, plunger driven or axial pressure washer pumps and unloader systems, hydraulic theory, and associated diagnostic equipment and procedures.
- Proven track record of business development – Business to Business, Business to Consumer.
- Strong organizational and computer skills (fluent in Microsoft Office products).
BUILD YOUR CAREER WITH NORTHERN TOOL + EQUIPMENT!
At Northern Tool + Equipment, we know we have really great tools and equipment to get the job done, but it’s the strength of our employees who really drive our success.
For more than 30 years we have been the ultimate source for contractors, automotive shops, homeowners and do-it-yourselfers. Northern Tool + Equipment is a multi-million dollar retail, internet and catalog powerhouse with strength and stability rivaled only by the products we sell. We are a family business that takes pride in our ability to equip our customers with the tools to tackle tough challenges. We strive to build lasting relationships and promote a fun and unique Northern experience.
As we grow, we are always on the lookout for skilled employees to join our team. We look for customer-focused team players that desire career growth in a challenging but rewarding work environment. Our different divisions offer a variety of full and part-time career opportunities for all levels of skills and experience from entry level to senior roles.
If you’re interested in joining our corporate office you’ll find a range of exciting opportunities in E-Commerce, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Real Estate and Facilities, Merchandising, Information Systems, Transportation/Logistics, Operations and Business Development & Compliance.
Our customer contact centers are the ideal setting for a rewarding career in Customer Service, Sales, or Management. Northern Tool operates three Customer Contact Centers to support its catalog operations. Our Customer Care Centers offer entry level positions such as Customer Care Representatives and Supervisory/Management positions. Our Sales Contact Centers offer careers in both inbound and outbound sales as well as Supervisory/Management positions.
In our retail stores we offer positions in the areas of Sales, Cashiering, Product Placement, Service Center, and Management. Our success solely depends on our customers, and we pride ourselves in providing them the absolute best service in the industry. If you are outgoing, professional, sales oriented and passionate about our industry than we encourage you to take a look at the opportunities within our stores.
Our manufacturing and distribution centers offer great opportunities for Fork Lift Drivers, Receivers, and Pickers as well as opportunities in Assembly, Machine Operating, Welding, Engineering, and Management.
At Northern Tool, we recognize the important role each employee plays in contributing to the success of our company. Ultimately, it is through the personal growth and daily achievements of our employees that the Northern vision will come to life and the company will continue to flourish. That’s why we offer diverse and challenging opportunities as well as competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Together we can build the framework to a great career.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Join the Northern Tool + Equipment Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?