Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bilingual Travel Youth Care Worker
at MVM, Inc.
TITLE: Bilingual Travel Youth Care Workers
LOCATION: REQUIRED - local to El-Paso, TX area
DURATION: Part Time/ As Needed
SCHEDULE: Ability to travel frequently and must be flexible to work holidays, weekends and multiple shift options
Service, Support, and Success are the pillars upon which MVM’s founders built the company, and they continue to serve as MVM’s core values. Along with our uncompromising insistence on integrity and ethical business practices, these values make us the service provider of choice for our customers and the employer of choice for our dedicated team members.
We’re looking to add Bilingual Travel Youth Care Workers who have a compassion for children and are passionate about serving and making a difference in the lives of others.
That’s where you come in.
As a Bilingual Travel Youth Care Worker, you will make it your mission to provide humble care and service to unaccompanied children and teens, while you are accompanying them on domestic flights and via ground transportation to shelters all over the country. During these trips, the Travel Youth Care Workers use their language skills to communicate in a way that is culturally-sensitive, while fostering a safe and comfortable environment.
If you can envision joining a team where you will have the opportunity to provide engage youth and parents of diverse backgrounds, then we are looking for you!
What we will need from you:
- A supportive mentality – be honest, act with integrity, and keep the conversation focused on helping and nurturing children
- Ability to travel frequently - as required to fulfill the obligations and responsibilities of the position with a minimum of three (3) days consecutively at a time and with short notice.
- Willingness to support critical duties - support responsibilities that must continue to be performed during crisis situations and contingency operations. Necessary responsiveness will require certain special considerations, such as extended overnight travel, nights and weekends, rotational hours of work, and on-call status.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Social Work, Case Management, Child Care, Education, or any related field OR four (4) years of experience in a professional setting
- Minimum of 2 years of professional, volunteer or intern experience in the field of security, law, social work, teaching, detention, corrections or related field
- Ability to comprehend and speak (both) Spanish and English fluently
- Possess a valid and current driver’s License
- Experience with caring for or transporting unaccompanied children, juvenile detention or rehabilitation
- Experience as a youth care worker, child direct care worker, child development specialist, foster care and adoptions, childcare attendant, or other related jobs is a PLUS.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Ability to travel frequently as required to fulfill the obligations and responsibilities of the position for a minimum of two (2) a maximum of (3) days consecutively at a time and with short notice, meaning you could work a minimum of 32 up to 40 hours in a week;
- Will be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area;
- May be required to work overtime with or without advanced notice;
- Frequent standing and walking, which may be required for extended periods of time;
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 30 pounds;
- May be required to use vehicle in the performance of duties;
- Will be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others;
- Required to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Individuals selected for this position may work alongside other Agencies on a regular basis. All applicable law and requirements for working in accordance with them must be upheld at all times. More explanation can be provided upon request.
MVM offers a competitive benefits package, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Recruiting Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
Do you have what it takes? Come join our team and take your career to the next level!