Marriott International Incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Franchised Director of Human Resources
at Marriott International Incorporated
Job Number 190017J4
Job Category Human Resources
Location Hotel Paso Del Norte, Autograph Collection, 101 South El Paso Street, El Paso, Texas, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Greenwood Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Plan, develop, coordinate and direct the Human Resource function at the hotel to attract, retain, develop and motivate employees in a cost effective manner in accordance with Franchise policies and procedures and federal, state and local laws and regulations while limiting liabilities and promoting a safe, fair, positive work environment.
- Position is responsible for the short and long term planning and the daily operations of the Human Resources division. Develops and recommends the hotel's Human Resource objectives. Participates in total management as a member of the Hotel Executive Committee.
- Plan and manage the recruitment, interviewing, hiring and orientation processes to maintain staffing levels with qualified individuals while complying with Company Procedures, federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Position the hotel as the "preferred employer" in the area by maintaining strong community relations with referral agencies to maintain strong applicant flow.
- Counsel and train managers on employee relations issues, resolve employee grievances, conduct management exit interviews and examine all exit interviews for trends, implement various employee relations programs to maintain a pro-employee environment that ultimately limits turnover.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures along with state, federal and local laws and regulations as they pertain to every facet of Human Resources/Employer related functions.
- Supervise human resources operation in the hotel to attract, retain and motivate staff; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication, discipline and terminate as appropriate.
- Formulate budgets for employee relations, staff training and recruitment advertising as well as wages and benefits for human resource staff for the budgeted time frame. Manage expenses through checkbook accounting for human resource related areas and execute financial management when required. Produce three period forecast as it relates to expense and wages.
- Maximize productivity and minimize labor cost by analyzing trends in premium hours and adjusting staffing guidelines to maintain a company budgeted margin for labor cost.
- Survey, recommend, implement and manage an hourly wage program and administer the management salary program within the corporate policies and procedures and maintain compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Survey, implement, communicate and administer the benefit program in compliance with corporate procedures to aid and retain employees. Propose enhancements to the proper authority for approval before implementation.
- Assess needs, plan, implement and coordinate management, hourly and supervisory training programs, including company core training programs to develop quality managers and limit hotel liability.
- Ensure proper maintenance of employee records, files and human resource office systems. Manage the compilation and analyze various corporate reports and property reports to provide management with accurate information and comply with corporate policies and procedures as well as government laws and regulations.
- Ensure all employee relations activities are administered consistently and in a timely manner.
- Notify GM/VP of any potential for liability and propose proper course of action to prevent the hotel from incurring any such liability.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Travel required occasionally for recruitment, training, task force purposes.
- Hours: 40-50 hours over a five day period; days and times may vary based on need.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES -
- Supervise one to three employees.
- Must have basic PC knowledge, ability to write and communicate professionally in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and or hotel guests. Bi-lingual fluency a plus. Must be hospitality oriented, and possess the ability to work under pressure. Should possess the ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent hearing required to discern/resolve employee complaints, issues and participation in meetings for feedback.
- Excellent vision required - 100% in review preparation of all documentation - applications, write-ups, reviews.
- Excellent speech communication skills required for communicating benefits policy, provide testimony training.
- Excellent comprehension and literacy required for review and preparation of all documentation.
- Four year college degree or equivalent/education experience.
- Experience is required with this company or other organization(s) for four to five years of employment in a human resources or related field.
- Material/Equipment Used
- Computer, calculator, telephone, facsimile, copier.
- Work inside 99%, annually.
Ambassador should embrace the Greenwood Core Values of:
- Integrity in Conduct
- Cooperation in Action
- Excellence in Performance
- Also cultivate and build the Greenwood EFFECT culture to develop and lead their team
- Engaged--encourage, identify positive moments
- Fun--maintain a healthy and happy workplace
- Flexible--adapt and change while maintaining our standards of excellence
- Equipped and Empowered--provide the necessary tools and leadership to cause success
- Community--caring about our work, our colleagues and our ambassadors
- Trust--foster high levels of trust within the department
This company is an equal opportunity employer.