Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hourly Delivery Driver
at Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
- # of Openings
Overview of Position:
Shuttle Driver - is responsible for delivering goods from production stores to other outlets. This includes loading racks onto the truck, driving the truck to a specified destination, and unloading products. Additionally, Shuttle Drivers are responsible for properly caring for the truck while on the job.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving the company truck with strict attention to safety and efficiency
- Delivering the correct products to the correct destination
- Delivering products on time
- Loading racks onto the truck
- Returning trays and/or racks to original destination
- General care for the condition of the truck
Essential skills and Experience:
- Successfully complete training period
- Ability to operate delivery vehicle safely
- Basic math skills
- Ability to read and write
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must meet Krispy Kreme driving standards (three year clean driving) and be age 21 or older
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and Motor Vehicles Report
- Knowledge of assigned geographical area
Nonessential skills and Experience:
- Previous truck driving experience preferred
- Previous job stability preferred
Physical Demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Carrying Bending · Stooping · Grasping · Standing · Twisting
- Lifting Walking · Communicating with customers and co-workers · Sweeping
- Writing Mopping · Driving · Packing doughnut boxes
- Lifting up to 75 pounds occasionally; and /or up to 25 pounds frequently, physically active
- Using hand-trucks to push/pull products, often on ramps
- Considerable amounts of driving
- Frequently involves working night shifts, such as from 8 p.m. – 4 a.m.
Visual Acuity Requirements
- Must be able to meet requirements for a driver’s license.
- Must be able to read and distinguish between products, product boxes, and labels
- The worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.
- If the truck is not air-conditioned and the store is located in an especially hot region, the worker may be subject to extreme heat (temperatures above 100 degrees for more than one hour).