JAE Restaurant Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at JAE Restaurant Group
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities
Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly; take direction and work well with others; work in a fast paced environment and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes; stand much of the work day; concentrate and perform duties accurately; react to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned; perform the Accountabilities and Key Measurement Criteria; fulfill the Knowledge and Ability Section andperform as stated in the Work Environment; Physical Demands Section.
Provide functional guidance to Crew Members, including assignment delegation, instruction, and follow-through.
Carries out opening and closing procedures in the absence of management.
Trains, monitors and reinforces food safety procedures to Crew Members.Ensures all food safety procedures are executed according to Company policies and health/sanitation regulations; initiates corrective actions, as appropriate.
- Follows all food safety procedures as outlined in the operations manual and communicates using the Automated Communication System.
- Trains and executes all JAE Restaurant Group's food safety procedures and compliance with all Health Department regulations.Escalates critical items immediately.
- Observes, enforces and role models washing of hands.
- Follows proper total store cleaning systems.
- Completes Food Safety Log.
- Executes established food borne illness reporting procedures.
- Monitors tasks performed by Crew Members to ensure product Quality, Service, and Cleanliness (QSC).Performs and monitors tasks in a manner to support total store "Customer Courtesy."
- Assists in achieving/maintaining minimum company standards, B or better, on complete CEI Evaluations.
- Executes "Operations Leader" role, including QSC and store walk through, as directed.
- Delivers "Customer Courtesy" to every customer, including speed of service, order accuracy and quality product.
- Adheres to Company systems and operating procedures, including use of Daily Shift plan.
- Behaves in accordance with and performs tasks consistent with established procedures.
- Ensures all positions are maintained at "rush readiness" standards.
- Ensures SOE scores are maintained at standard.
- Executes guest relations activities, including interaction with guests.
- Assists restaurant in achieving CPR Index goals.
- Executes established cost control systems.Monitors and follows up with Crew Members on proper food prep amounts, procedure execution and bin chart usage to minimize food cost.Monitors labor usage against sales reading and takes corrective action where necessary.Executes, trains, and monitors proper cash control procedures.
- Utilizes cost control systems (e.g., flow charts, prep projections, “build to” charts, daily targets, bar graph schedule, waste tracking, employee meals, etc.)
- Adheres to cash control policies and procedures; including holding Crew Members accountable to Company guidelines, e.g. deposit and safe procedures.
- Monitors and enforces labor hours vs. guide.
- Monitors and follows-up on food preparation and production.
- Ensures Crew Member time card accuracy.
- Monitors food, labor, paper and other controllable costs on assigned shifts.
- As directed, ensures proper training for Crew Members through established systems and follows through to ensure compliance to Company standards.Coaches Crew Members to maximize performance execution.
- Executes positional training and cross-training to achieve operating standards (proper completion of 4=corner training).
- Provides feedback, intervention and coaching to Crew Members, initiates corrective action as appropriate.
- Trains Crew Members on operational changes and new products.
- Helps identify and develop Crew Members for Shift Supervisor positions.
- Supervises Crew Members in a manner that maximizes retention.Works with management to communicate Speak Out process.Ensures proper execution of, and compliance with, all Company policies and procedures on assigned shifts.
- Contributes toward achievement of Crew turnover goals.
- As directed, processes candidate applications to appropriate manager.
- Notifies management of performance issues with Crew Members.
- Initiates resolution of performance issues on assigned shifts.
- Assists in fostering a positive work environment in which employees are treated with respect and dignity.
- Adheres to company dress policy and monitors adherence by Crew Members.
- Maintains safe working conditions by following all safety, security and maintenance policies and procedures.
- Adheres to safety, security, and maintenance policies and procedures.
- Uses safety equipment during all shifts and ensures use by Crew Members.
- Notifies GM/TSM of known maintenance issues.
- Ensures that Maintenance log completed timely as necessary.
- Ensures prompt and accurate reporting of accidents and claims; initiates corrective action as appropriate to prevent recurrence.
- Performs other job related duties as may be assigned or required.
ESSENTIAL WORK EXPERIENCES
- Ability to learn and apply JAE Restaurant Group standard operating procedures.
- Ability to learn and apply JAE Restaurant Group Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Ability to satisfactorily complete recommended corporate training programs, including, but not limited to, Crew positional training program, Wendy's Management Institute and ServSafe Food Safety Certification.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- ServSafe certified and has other food safety certifications as required by local or state law.
- At least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred.
- 1 or more years of restaurant or supervisory experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
In order to satisfactorily execute and meet the above responsibilities, a Shift Supervisor must perform the duties on site, in accordance with customary scheduling requirements for this position (including ability to work many different shifts). The position frequently requires working at a fast pace and may involve exposure to noise, heat, cold or other elements. It is also necessary to use a headset to take orders, take direction or give direction. Shift Supervisors may be required to transfer from one location to another as business needs dictate. The Shift Supervisor position requires bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 25-30 pounds, as necessary), standing for long periods without a break, and ability to travel to other restaurants, Area office, etc. Specific job functions, equipment use, physical and mental demands, and industrial conditions are detailed in the Operations Functional Analysis of Essentials (see JAE Restaurant Group Operations Standards Manual).
JAE Restaurant Group will, upon request, provide reasonable accommodation in accordance with the ADA to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant with a disability, unless to do so would cause the Company an undue hardship.