Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Communications Technician I (100% Travel Required)
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
- IES Communications
Direct hire with full benefits
Job Summary: (100% Travel Required)
The Technician I must learn and possess the skills required to function as a contributing member of a technical team. Typically, the Technician I possess no experience to one (1) year of experience in the structured cabling industry.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Install a work area outlet for floor (i.e. monument), modular furniture (i.e. surface mount box) and wall (i.e. box eliminator). Drop cable down a wall using fish tape or other method. Route cable through modular furniture. Perform pre-termination procedures: organize, form, dress cables and determine length, slack and label cables. Suspend and support cable correctly: Cable tray, J-hook, D-rings, Bridal rings, Trapeze.
2. Build closets (Mount and install backboards, cross connects, racks, patch panels, fiber optic and hardware). Install grounding for racks, equipment and cable as required.
3. Perform fire-stopping procedures on fire walls, install sleeves, pull cable through sleeves and core penetration.
4. Terminate low-voltage devices.
5. Follow prints.
6. Fully complete all IES COMMERCIAL paperwork accurately and on time (timesheets, material transfers, work orders, change orders, tool transfers and others as required).
7. Adhere to and participate in all Company, customer and industry quality and safety standards and regulations.
8. Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Basic Hand Tools: screwdriver (regular and Phillips), drywall saw, torpedo level, tape measure, snips (with belt sheath), pliers (needle nose and channel locks), hammer, wrench set, cable stripper, flashlight and gloves.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
• Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
• Must possess proven problem solving and critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
• Must have proven skill level or the ability to learn to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
• Must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
• Must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
• Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
• High School diploma or GED equivalency
• Minimum of zero (0) to one (1) year experience in telecommunications or related technical field.
• Mechanical aptitude and willingness to learn.
• Basic construction industry knowledge preferred
• Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
Minimum Years of Experience
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES’s 2018 fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, IES produced over $876.8 million in revenue and employed over 4,500 employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United States.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
- Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
- Safety is Priority One – and our record shows it
- Competitive Pay
- Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
- Company Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
- Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
- Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
- Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company’s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work