Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Inpatient/Telemetry Registered Nurse
- Horizon City
- Shift Type
The Hospitals of Providence has partnered with Emerus, a nationally recognized, innovative leader in the delivery of emergency, inpatient, and diagnostic medical health care and the nation's first and largest operator of micro-hospitals. Recognizing the growing need for health care services in Horizon City and the surrounding communities for compassionate, efficiency and excellence while maintaining high stands for quality, safety and service, our state-of-the-art hospitals are fully accredited and provide highly individualized care. We have created a special place where patients can expect the highest level of care when every second counts.
The purpose of this position is to perform the primary functions of a nurse in assessing, planning, directing, and evaluating patient care.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan, prioritize, and provide proficient, age-specific and developmentally/specialty appropriate nursing care by applying advanced specialty clinical nursing knowledge and skills and for ensuring the comfort and safety of patients/families
- Follow physician's orders in the delivery of nursing care
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality of information and records at all times
- Adhere to required infection control, isolation procedures and aseptic techniques in the delivery of patient care
- Collect laboratory samples and perform lab testing in accordance with established policies and procedures, as well as COLA and CLIA regulations
- Perform admission, discharge and transfer procedures
- Assemble equipment and supplies for various diagnostic or treatment procedures in the specialty service area; perform or assist others with procedures or treatments
- Handle care in accordance with legal, hospital/facility, departmental policies and procedures, and established standards of nursing care and practice, as defined by the Board of Nursing for that State.
Other Job Functions
- Perform all Quality Assessment activities assigned and document
- Attend staff meetings or other company sponsored or mandated meetings as required
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree, required; BSN, preferred
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse without sanctions, required
- 2+ years full-time RN experience in Telemetry/ICU, or 2+ years combination experience in related healthcare positions, required
- Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS (or ENPC) certifications, required
- Position requires fluency in English and Spanish; written and oral communication