Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ER Registered Nurse
- Shift Type
Emerus is a nationally recognized, innovative leader in the delivery of inpatient, surgical, and diagnostic medical health care. Specializing in the identification, development and management of improved-access community medical facilities, Emerus provides cost effective, scalable growth opportunities to large-scale, national health care systems throughout the United States.
By providing operationally efficient facilities and focused alignment with current health care trends, Emerus’ community-based hospitals prioritize limited inpatient stays, efficient emergency rooms and cost effective pricing in a smaller campus setting. Based in The Woodlands, Texas, Emerus has more than 1,000 employees, with expert concentrations in over 20 different fields throughout the medical industry.
The purpose of this position is to perform the primary functions of a nurse in assessing, planning, directing, and evaluating patient care in the Emergency Room.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan, prioritize, and provide proficient, age-specific and developmentally/specialty appropriate nursing care by applying advanced specialty clinical nursing knowledge and skills and for ensuring the comfort and safety of patients/families
- Proficiently and consistently complete accurate, concise and legible documentation on medical records
- Observe and record signs, symptoms and behaviors including the physiological status of patients
- Presents proposed revision of interventions and desired outcomes
- Maintain patient's privacy and confidentiality of information and records at all times
- Follow physician’s orders in the delivery of nursing care
- Collect laboratory samples and perform lab testing in accordance with established policies and procedures, as well as COLA and CLIA regulations
- Adhere to required infection control, isolation procedures and aseptic techniques in the delivery of patient care
- Perform admission, discharge and transfer procedures
- Participate in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the nursing care given
- Assemble equipment and supply for various diagnostic or treatment procedures in the specialty service area; performs or assists others with procedures or treatments. Handle care in accordance with legal, hospital/facility, departmental policies and procedures, and established standards of nursing care and practice, as defined by the Board of Nursing of that State
Other Job Functions
- Perform all Quality Assessment activities assigned and document
- Attend staff meetings or other company sponsored or mandated meetings as required
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree, required; BSN, preferred
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse without sanctions, required
- 2+ years full-time RN experience in ER or other comparable experience, required
- Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS certifications from the American Heart Association, required; ENPC certification from ENA may be substituted for PALS certification; TNCC preferred
- Position requires fluency in English; written and oral communication