El Paso Electric Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SYS ADMIN ENG SUPPORT-ASSOC-STAFF- L1210735-L2210736
at El Paso Electric Company
SYS ADMIN ENG SUPPORT-ASSOC-STAFF- L1210735-L2210736
EL PASO, TX
DATE POSTED: 10/07/19 CLOSING DATE: 10/21/19
JOB STATUS: FULL TIME
DEPARTMENT: ASSET MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGIES
STARTING SALARY: $61,100 - $94,779 Salary is commensurate with experience.
Education and/or Special Training
Years of Experience
Sys Admin-Eng Supp – Assoc
0 to 3
Sys Admin-Eng Supp – Staff
3 or more
*Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Geography with an emphasis in GIS, or related field; or an equivalent combination of related education, training and experience. GIS Certificate preferred.
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY PURPOSE
Under the general direction of the Supervisor – Asset Management Technologies Support (AMTS), is responsible for the configuration, trouble analysis and general support of the Geographic Information System (GIS) (ArcGIS/ArcFM), the Graphic Design Applications (Designer and Session Manager), the GIS Web System (ArcGIS/ArcFM Server), the Substation CMMS System (Cascade), and the Work Management System (ARM). Perform tuning and optimization of associated databases as well as manage and troubleshoot related system interfaces accessible through front-end applications. Coordinate the installation of the software on personal computers, servers, and in the Citrix environment.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate with or without a reasonable accommodation that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Experience with ESRI ArcGIS (desktop, mobile and web), Schneider’s ArcFM (desktop, mobile and web), Cascade Substation CMMS, or CGI’s Work Management
System (ARM) applications in either a business or Information Technology context preferred.
2. Experience in a similar environment as an information system administrator, Distribution or Transmission engineer/planner or in a similar capacity preferred.
3. Knowledge of personal computer configuration and support experience or a combination of programming and PC configuration and support experience.
4. Knowledge of accounting systems, methods and principles of time management, engineering work order procedures, construction methods and reporting
5. Knowledge of GIS, Work Management, Cascade, and/or other applications supported by the AMTS group.
6. Knowledge with Information Technology (IT) practices and procedures.
7. Ability to develop reporting database files, methods of accountability, train end-users and develop training materials.
8. Ability to quickly acquire new skill sets.
9. Knowledge of hardware, software, programming languages and operating systems related to the personal computers, servers, cloud, and Company LAN network.
10. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
11. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with officers, managers, fellow employees, and the general public.
12. Ability to maintain a strong sense of propriety concerning confidential matters.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Responsibility for configuration, troubleshooting and general support of the ArcGIS Platform, ArcFM Solution, the Substation CMMS System (Cascade), and the
Work Management System (ARM).
2. Maintain system Compatible Units (CU) and Favorite database files in ARM and Designer, coordinate CU and Favorite updates.
3. Manage versions in ArcSDE and maintain conflict resolution process.
4. Monitor, maintain, troubleshoot and update all AMTS application interfaces.
5. Monitor and initiate database tuning activities by maintaining the database files, tables, data scrub, and overall systems.
6. Perform ArcGIS, ArcFM, Cascade, and ARM configuration.
7. Responsible for the performance and consistency of ArcGIS, ArcFM, Cascade, and Work Management applications.
8. Coordinate with Information Technology.
9. Coordinate training sessions for end users of ArcGIS, ArcFM, Cascade, and Work Management System, and coordinate the development of training materials for
10. Coordinate the acquisition and conflation of third party landbase data.
11. Perform field inspections as needed to support all AMTS applications.
12. Act as liaison and coordinate system functions with other users or departments.
13. Maintain awareness of new product announcements and trends in the information technology industry as it relates to the necessary functions of the Company.
14. Valid driver's license and be in compliance with the Company's Driving Program policy.
15. Complies with all applicable Company policies, procedures and code of ethics as well as all applicable governmental laws and regulations to include employment,
safety and environmental standards and regulations.
16. Perform other related tasks that are not included but are within the context of the duties defined.
1. The incumbents in this classification are subject to both outside and inside environmental conditions and temperature changes.
2. May work irregular hours and extra hours.
1. Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move
objects. Use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of force.
2. Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
3. Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
4. Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
5. Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
6. Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
7. Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
8. Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
9. Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
10. Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position.
11. Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
12. Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
13. Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities in which detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to
other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
14. Hearing: Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on
15. Repetitive motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
16. Visual acuity: Color, depth perception and field of vision to include measurement devices for close inspection and analysis.
COMPENSATON AND BENEFITS PACKAGE:
Medical and Dental Insurance
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Travel Accident Insurance
Long Term Disability Benefits
Short Term Disability Benefits
Cash Balance Plan
401 (k) Savings Plan (with Company Match)
Annual Bonus Plan
Paid Time Off (PTO) Benefits
Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
Employee and Community Support Activities
El Paso Electric Company (EPE) is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons in all areas of occupation without regard to age, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, workers' compensation, veteran status, genetic information, or familial responsibilities. In addition, EPE is committed to complying with all relevant and applicable federal, state and local laws pertaining to equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination in the workplace.
If interested in applying for this position, you must apply on-line by 5:00 PM, October 21, 2019. (Please scroll back up to the “Apply Now” button)