El Paso Electric Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SCHEDULER REAL TIME-ASSOC- STAFF
at El Paso Electric Company
SCHEDULER REAL TIME ASSOCIATE- STAFF L1210693- L2210694
EL PASO, TX
DATE POSTED: October 7, 2019 CLOSING DATE: October 15, 2019
JOB STATUS: FULL TIME
DEPARTMENT: SYSTEM OPERATIONS
STARTING SALARY: $54,100- $83,982 Salary is commensurate with experience.
For over 100 years, El Paso Electric Company has been serving West Texas and Southern New Mexico with safe and reliable electric energy. Today, we are a regional electric utility with over 1,000 employees providing generation, transmission and distribution service to approximately 400,000 retail and wholesale customers in a 10,000 square mile service area. Our common stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol EE and we invite you to visit our website to learn more about our rich history, our plans for the future, and great career opportunities with El Paso Electric Company.
Education and/or Special Training
Years of Experience
Scheduler Real Time- Assoc
0 to 3
Scheduler Real Time- Staff
3 or more
* Engineering, Accounting or other analytical field or related combination of education, training and experience.
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY PURPOSE
Under the general supervision of the Energy Management Supervisor, is responsible for processing Real Time Electronic tags (ETags), coordinating and implementing real time energy and transmission schedules, loading schedules to the Scheduling System, balancing system interchange, monitoring and reporting contingency reserves via the SRSG reserve sharing system, monitoring EPE’s OASIS and reviewing short term transmission requests (weekly, daily, hourly), assists the Generation System Controller with duties related to system interchange and scheduling, follows and ensures compliance with WECC Business Practices, maintains reliability compliance with WECC and NERC.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate with or without a reasonable accommodation that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Three (3) years’ experience with a utility company in energy or transmission scheduling or dispatch and related System Operations functions.
2. Available to work rotating 12-hour shifts and/or irregular and long hours as required
3. Ability to quickly learn power systems and System Operations principles and practices including energy flows, and interchange, transmission and power scheduling functions.
4. Ability to learn forecasting and research techniques, interpret transmission contracts, administer transmission tariffs and perform data analysis.
5. Ability to gain an in-depth understanding of the electric regulatory process and issues affecting control areas and transmission providers.
6. Ability to operate personal computer and learn EMS and various software applications used in the scheduling and balancing of energy and transmission.
7. Knowledge of power system operations, WECC, NERC and FERC mandated industry practices, interchange scheduling, and contract and tariff administration.
8. Understanding of the regulatory process and issues affecting control areas and transmission providers.
9. Ability to operate personal computer, EMS and various software applications used in the scheduling and balancing of energy and transmission.
10. Ability to make presentations and teach new developments of the electric utility field to System Controllers and others.
11. Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of energy flows, interchange, accounting practices, data analysis, and research techniques
12. Must work towards obtaining NERC Certification
13. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
14. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with officers, managers, fellow employees, and the general public.
15. Ability to maintain a strong sense of propriety concerning confidential matters.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs real time energy scheduling through verification and coordination of E-Tags and system resource schedules prepared by the company's marketing department.
2. Performs real time review and approvals of short-term transmission reservations made through OASIS.
3. Cross references E-tag transmission profiles to OASIS transaction to ensure transmission usage by customers agrees to transmission sales terms.
4. Reconciles and loads schedules to the real time Scheduling System.
5. Assists in the development and implementation of accounting methods to properly confirm and record each transaction with regard to control area, contract compliance and billing requirements.
6. With assistance from the Reliability Controller monitors daily interchange, tie line meters and inadvertent interchange, checking for accuracy of data, and efficiency of overall system operations.
7. Resolves interchange scheduling disputes with utilities and power marketing entities.
8. Communicates with outside System Controllers, Schedulers, and parties to transactions to balance all schedules.
9. Ensures compliance with transmission sales contracts and terms,
10. Monitors transmission rates and capacities and posts curtailment data on the OASIS.
11. Complies with all applicable Company policies, procedures and code of ethics as well as all applicable governmental laws and regulations to include employment, safety and environmental standards and regulations.
12. Perform other related tasks that are not included
, but are within the context of the duties defined.
1. The incumbents in this classification are not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions; primary work environment is typically of an office or administrative nature.
2. May work non-standard hours.
3. May require travel to Company work sites.
4. May require out of town travel.
1. Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force to-position.
2. Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
3. Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities in which detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
4. Hearing: Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machined parts.
5. Repetitive motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
6. Visual acuity: Color, depth perception and field of vision to include measurement devices for close inspection and analysis.
7. Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently, or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
8. Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
9. Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
10. Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
11. Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position.
12. Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
13. Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
14. Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities in which detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
15. Hearing: Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machined parts.
16. Repetitive motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
17. Visual acuity: Color, depth perception and field of vision to include measurement devices for close inspection and analysis.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE:
Medical and Dental Insurance
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Travel Accident Insurance
Long Term Disability Benefits
Short Term Disability Benefits
Cash Balance Plan
401 (k) Savings Plan (with Company Match)
Annual Bonus Plan
Paid Time Off (PTO) Benefits
Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
Employee and Community Support Activities
El Paso Electric Company (EPE) is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons in all areas of occupation without regard to age, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, workers' compensation, veteran status, genetic information, or familial responsibilities. In addition, EPE is committed to complying with all relevant and applicable federal, state and local laws pertaining to equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination in the workplace.
If interested in applying for this position, you must apply on-line by 5:00 PM, October 15, 2019. (Please scroll back up to the “Apply Now” button)