El Paso Electric Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
POWER PLANT INSTRUMENTATION TECH – U1630008
at El Paso Electric Company
POWER PLANT INSTRUMENTATION TECH – U1630008
EL PASO, TX
DATE POSTED: 10/08/19 CLOSING DATE: 10/16/19
JOB STATUS: FULL TIME
DEPARTMENT: POWER PLANT
HOURLY RATE: $36.98 Hourly
For over 100 years, El Paso Electric Company has been serving West Texas and Southern New Mexico with safe and reliable electric energy. Today, we are a regional electric utility with over 1,000 employees providing generation, transmission and distribution service to approximately 400,000 retail and wholesale customers in a 10,000 square mile service area. Our common stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol EE and we invite you to visit our website to learn more about our rich history, our plans for the future, and great career opportunities with El Paso Electric Company.
Under the general supervision of the Supervisor – Instrumentation and Control, performs routine and detailed work on instrumentation and control systems. Troubleshoots, repairs, replaces, installs and modifies pneumatic, hydraulic and electronic equipment as needed.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate with or without a reasonable accommodation that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
EDUCATION AND/OR SPECIAL TRAINING:
1. High school diploma.
2. Successful completion of a NJATC or ISA (CCST) certified instrumentation training program preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
1. At least 4 years work experience as an instrumentation technician.
2. Must be proficient in the use of hand and power tools such as soldering torch, power drill, wrenches, screwdrivers, signal generators, calibration pumps, etc., as related to the installation and maintenance of pneumatic, hydraulic and electronic equipment.
3. Calibration and maintenance experience in boiler, turbo-generator, and auxiliary equipment instrumentation and control systems commonly found in a conventional steam power plant, highly desirable.
4. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with officers, managers, supervisors, fellow employees, representative of the agencies, outside consultants and the public.
5. Available to work long and irregular hours as necessary.
6. Must pass a Human Performance Evaluation (HPE).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Perform preventive and routine maintenance on various pneumatic, hydraulic and electronic systems.
2. Troubleshoot, repair, replace, install or modify as needed existing and new instrumentation and control equipment.
3. Calibrate switches, transmitters, controllers, receivers, repeaters, boosters, valves, positioners, actuators and other electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
4. Use personal computers and other peripherals to test electro-pneumatic/hydraulic systems and/or for work documentation in a CMMS work order system.
5. Complies with all applicable Company policies, procedures and code of ethics as well as all applicable governmental laws and regulations to include employment, safety and environmental standards and regulations.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs other related tasks that are not included but are within the context of duties defined.
The incumbents in this classification are subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions and temperatures changes of extreme cold weather (below 32 degrees for periods of more than one hour) and extreme heat (temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour); and exposed to loud noises, vibration, mechanical hazards, atmospheric conditions and oils. The incumbents are also subject to noise, causing the employee to shout in order to be heard.
1. Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
2. Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
3. Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities in which detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
4. Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
5. Hearing: Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machined parts.
6. Repetitive motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
7. Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
8. Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
9. Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
10. Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
11. Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
12. Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
13. Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
14. Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
15. Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position.
16. Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
17. Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape and temperature or texture by touching with skin, i.e., fingertips.
18. Visual acuity: Color, depth perception and field of vision to include measurement devices for close inspection and analysis.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE:
Medical and Dental Insurance
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Travel Accident Insurance
Long Term Disability Benefits
Short Term Disability Benefits
Cash Balance Plan
401 (k) Savings Plan (with Company Match)
Annual Bonus Plan
Paid Time Off (PTO) Benefits
Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
Employee and Community Support Activities
El Paso Electric Company (EPE) is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons in all areas of occupation without regard to age, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, workers' compensation, veteran status, genetic information, or familial responsibilities. In addition, EPE is committed to complying with all relevant and applicable federal, state and local laws pertaining to equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination in the workplace.
If interested in applying for this position, you must apply on-line by 5:00 PM, October 16, 2019. (Please scroll back up to the “Apply Now” button)