El Paso Electric Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
POWER GEN DOCUMENT MGMT COORD-ASSOC- STAFF A1210604- A2210605
at El Paso Electric Company
POWER GENERATION DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR ASSOCIATE- STAFF A1210604- A2210605
EL PASO, TX
DATE POSTED: 10/09/21019 CLOSING DATE: 10/16/21019
JOB STATUS: FULL TIME
DEPARTMENT: POWER GENERATION ENGINEERING
STARTING SALARY: $42,300.00- $65,752.00 Salary is commensurate with experience.
For over 100 years, El Paso Electric Company has been serving West Texas and Southern New Mexico with safe and reliable electric energy. Today, we are a regional electric utility with over 1,000 employees providing generation, transmission and distribution service to approximately 400,000 retail and wholesale customers in a 10,000 square mile service area. Our common stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol EE and we invite you to visit our website to learn more about our rich history, our plans for the future, and great career opportunities with El Paso Electric Company.
Education and/or Special Training
Years of Experience
Document Mgmt Coord - Assoc
High School Diploma*
0 to 1
Document Mgmt Coord – Staff
High School Diploma*
2 or more
*Additional course work toward an Associate degree, preferred
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY PURPOSE
Under general direction of the Manager of Power Generation Engineering, the Document Management Coordinator provides Document and Drawing Management Services to the Power Generation Department. Primary responsibility is to assist in the overall implementation of document and drawing management strategy for Power Generation.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate with or without a reasonable accommodation that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of general office practices
2. Knowledge of the implementation of record keeping requirements, controls, retrieval and filing methodologies.
3. Working knowledge of AutoCad
4. Experience organizing and maintaining documents and drawings
5. Previous work experience with engineering documents
6. Experience utilizing various search techniques for document management systems
7. Understanding of the management of Physical Objects and Records Management utilizing a document management system
8. Ability to work independently in assigned areas of responsibility
9. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
10. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with officers, managers, fellow employees, and the general public.
11. Ability to maintain a strong sense of propriety concerning confidential matters.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Organize and maintain documents, drawings, and repository for the Power Generation department.
2. Provides revision control for existing and new Power Generation drawings, including drawing control/check in and check out procedures
3. Maintains AutoCAD templates and standard drawings, ensures drawings meet AutoCAD design basis requirements
4. Maintain project documentation and drawings for ongoing projects
5. Communicates with Plant Personnel, Project Manager and Engineering team on drawing and documentation requirements
6. Maintains and archives compliance documentation
7. Responds to requests for drawings, documents and compliance information
8. Make recommendations to improve Document Control procedures in reference to the management of documentation to establish and continue utilizing efficient methods with efforts of reducing costs
9. Complies with all applicable Company policies, procedures and code of ethics as well as all applicable governmental laws and regulations to include employment, safety and environmental standards and regulations.
10. Perform other related tasks that are not included, but are within the context of the duties defined.
1. The incumbents in this classification are subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions and temperature changes of extreme cold weather (below 32 degrees for periods of more than one hour) and extreme hot weather (temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour); and are exposed to loud noises, vibration, hazards, atmospheric conditions and oils.
2. May work non-standard hours.
3. May require travel to Company work sites.
4. May require out of town travel.
1. Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of force.
2. Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
3. Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces.
4. Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
5. Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
6. Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
7. Crawling: Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
8. Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
9. Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
10. Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
11. Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position.
12. Fingers: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
13. Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
14. Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape and temperatures or texture by touching with skin, i.e., fingertips.
15. Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities in which detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
16. Hearing: Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machined parts.
17. Visual acuity: Color, depth perception and field of vision to include measurement devices for close inspection and analysis.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE:
Medical and Dental Insurance
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Travel Accident Insurance
Long Term Disability Benefits
Short Term Disability Benefits
Cash Balance Plan
401 (k) Savings Plan (with Company Match)
Annual Bonus Plan
Paid Time Off (PTO) Benefits
Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
Employee and Community Support Activities
El Paso Electric Company (EPE) is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons in all areas of occupation without regard to age, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, workers' compensation, veteran status, genetic information, or familial responsibilities. In addition, EPE is committed to complying with all relevant and applicable federal, state and local laws pertaining to equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination in the workplace.
If interested in applying for this position, you must apply on-line by 5:00 PM, October 16, 201X. (Please scroll back up to the “Apply Now” button)