El Paso Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Surgical Clinic-Certified Medical Assistant
at El Paso Children's Hospital
Provide patient care management to an assigned clinic. The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) works under the clinical direction of the physician or nursing supervisor and reports to the Practice Manager.
- Possess effective oral and written communication.
- Possess effective interpersonal relationship skills; ability to interact with many different personalities.
- Possess a working knowledge of office and medical equipment.
- Knowledge of principles and application of medical ethics.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and a working knowledge of ancillary services.
- Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written/oral instructions and safety precautions.
- Possess knowledge of basic math and making change from cash.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot when situations arise.
- Must be bilingual English/Spanish.
A. Work Experience
- None required.
- One year experience preferred.
- Pediatric experience preferred.
- Current Certified Medical Assistant
C. Education and Training
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Graduation from an approved certified program for Medical Assistants.