El Paso Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Scheduler - FT Days
at El Paso Children's Hospital
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, is responsible for assuring that requests for scheduling procedures/tests received from physician(s) offices and patient(s) are processed in an accurate and timely manner using the manual and automated scheduling systems. Obtains pertinent demographic, insurance and financial information and assists with the pre-registration and financial screening process while ensuring medical necessity and payer guidelines for authorizations are met. Handles all routine patient inquiries related to the scheduling and pre-registration process. Maintains accurate records associated with the scheduling, and the processing of patient documentation. Able to manage multiple tasks with an excellent orientation to professional customer service.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of insurance plan requirements, which can change frequently.
- Knowledge of computer software programs and use of basic office equipment required.
- Basic computer literacy and keyboarding skills required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and familiarity with ICD9 coding preferred.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Knowledge of commercial and managed care payors and terminology
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment with frequent interruptions
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and works well under pressure.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
One year related work experience in a hospital, physician or medical insurance office required.
Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) preferred.
Education and Training:
High school diploma or equivalent. Associate Degree preferred.