El Paso Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN PRN Float Pool - Day
at El Paso Children's Hospital
As set forth by the guidelines of the RN PRN float pool and when requested upon, the registered nurse will be responsible for the delivery of nursing care within the respective departments: Emergency, Pediatric ICU, IMCN, Hematology/Oncology, and General Pediatrics. The RN will be required to complete the nursing process through the delivery of patient care by assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation of all patients.
Responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. Supports the organization’s vision, mission and values. Utilizes knowledge of patient’s age and cultural diversity in the provision of patient care. Contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
Develops the patient plan of care in partnership with physicians, interdisciplinary teams, and patient/family. Responsible for providing professional nursing care specifically to include continuity of safe quality patient care.
- Possesses critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possesses effective interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to utilize computers for documentation purposes.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
A. Work Experience
Must possess two years’ experience as an RN in an acute care setting providing care to adults and children. Must have worked in one of the following departments: Emergency Department, ICU, General Medical/ Surgical, Telemetry, Hematology/Oncology, IMCN.
- Current RN License to practice in the State of Texas
- Current CPR Training Program
- Must obtain PALS within 3 months of hire.
C. Education and Training
- Must possess an ADN or BSN.
- Must possess experience in one of the following departments: Emergency Department, ICU, General Medical/Surgical, Hematology/Oncology, IMCN.