El Paso Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Infusion Clinic - FT Days
at El Paso Children's Hospital
Provides care and support for the patient with pediatric oncology/hematology/infusion care needs. Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. Supports the organization’s vision and mission. Utilizes knowledge of patient’s age and cultural diversity in the provision of patient care. Contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
Develops the patient plan of care in partnership with physicians, interdisciplinary teams, and patient/family. Responsible for providing professional nursing care specifically to pediatric oncology/hematology/infusion patients to include continuity of safe quality patient care.
- Possesses critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possesses effective interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to utilize computers for documentation purposes.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
- Texas RN license or compact state
- PALS within 6 months
- APHON Chemotherapy & Biotherapy Provider within 6 months
C. Education and Training
- BSN preferred.
- Meets unit-specific education requirements.
- Chemo Certified or in the process of certification preferred.
- Hematology Certification or in the process of certification preferred.