El Paso Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Respiratory Care Intern - PRN
at El Paso Children's Hospital
Under the direction of the specified shift Respiratory Care Supervisor, Administrative and Medical Director is responsible for the assessment, treatment, management, control, diagnostic evaluation and care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the pulmonary system. The Respiratory Care Student (RCS) is responsible for providing Respiratory Care to non-critical patients in the hospital. Training and services provided by this position are appropriate to patients of all age groups. Applies clinical respiratory judgment to implement a clinical respiratory program and maintains standards for professional respiratory practice in the clinical setting. The RCS communicates necessary information and makes needed recommendations to the physician and nurses as appropriate.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of routine procedures with critical thinking skills for both adults, pediatric, and neonatal patients.
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possesses effective interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Enrolled for credit in the clinical portion of an approved Respiratory Therapy Program
Current CPR Certification