El Paso Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PICU - HUC/NA PRNDay
at El Paso Children's Hospital
Performs general clerical and receptionist duties including medical record maintenance, order processing, typing, and/or word processing, and materials management functions on the nursing unit. Assists visitors, nursing staff, and members of the health care team.
- Ability to interact and communicate with people over the telephone and/or in person, often in stressful situations.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of patient medical records and clinical documents.
- Skill in the use of Hospital computer systems related to ADT order entry, requisitions, lab inquiries and other computerized processes and related software/hardware applications.
- Knowledge of clinical procedures and operations.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment ordering and inventory control.
- Clerical, word processing and office skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instruction and safety precautions.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
A. Work Experience
Hospital setting preferred.
National Health Unit Coordinator certification required within six months of employment.
C. Education and Training
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Successful completion of an approved unit clerk program within six months of being in position.