El Paso Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pharmacy Tech Reg - FT Rotating-Day
at El Paso Children's Hospital
Assists pharmacist in the distribution of medication for Inpatient and Outpatient use. Responsibilities include inventory control, narcotic record keeping, TPN calculations and chemotherapeutic medication preparation.
- Possess knowledge of drug names, medical terminology, pharmaceutical calculations, and different pharmacy work areas and equipment used.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to convey information effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to establish, maintain and promote effective working relationships.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Highly Customer Service Oriented individual.
Previous work experience as a Pharmacy Technician preferred.
- Current registration for Pharmacy Technician with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
- I.V. Certification completed within 3 months of hire.
- Annual I.V. Certification
Education and Training:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Graduation from a Pharmacy Technician program preferred.