El Paso Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pedi Oncology Educator
at El Paso Children's Hospital
Assesses plans, organizes, implements and evaluates orientation in Hem/Onc and educational programs for Department of Nursing Employees, Patients and the utilizes CNE (Continuing Nurse Education) Team by providing nursing professional development and educational services to the nurses and in collaboration with the Nurse Planner for CNE. Nursing practices at El Paso Children’s Hospital emphasize theory based nursing that is evidenced based utilizing a Shared Governance model for decision-making.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possesses effective interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to make effective group presentations.
- Strong knowledge of adult education principles, practices and procedures.
- Has knowledge of professional nursing principles, practices, concepts, and procedures as applied to the care of the patient population served.
- Ability to utilize computer software applications to include word processing, spreadsheets and graphic
- presentations preferred.
- Knowledge of a variety of educational options such as academic education, experiential learning, consultation, teaching others, professional reading, adult learning principles, research, and self-directed activities.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety
A. Work Experience
Five years RN experience required.
Current RN License to practice in the State of Texas
C. Education and Training
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required. Masters degree preferred.