El Paso Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pedi Onc-HUC/NA FT-Night
at El Paso Children's Hospital
Performs general clerical and receptionist duties including medical record maintenance, order processing, typing, and/or word processing, and materials management functions on the nursing unit. Assists visitors, nursing staff, and members of the health care team. Assists in the maintenance of a clean and safe environment. Completes all other work related duties as assigned.
Performs nursing assistant duties under the direct training of the registered nurse, licensed vocational nurse, or nurse manager.
- Ability to interact and communicate with people over the telephone and/or in person, often in stressful situations.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of patient medical records and clinical documents.
- Skill in the use of Hospital computer systems related to ADT order entry, requisitions, lab inquiries and other computerized processes and related software/hardware applications.
- Knowledge of clinical procedures and operations
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment ordering and inventory control.
- Clerical, word processing and office skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instruction and safety precautions.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
A. Work Experience
Hospital setting preferred.
B. Education and Training
Successful completion of an approved educational program for nursing assistants or equivalent.
High School graduate or equivalent.
Successful completion of an approved unit clerk program within one year of employment.
- Successful completion of an approved unit clerk program within six months.
- Current CPR
- Nursing assistant certification preferred