El Paso Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Care Tech ED - FT Nights
at El Paso Children's Hospital
Functions as a key member of the Emergency Department nursing care team, participating in the implementation of select components of the patient’s plan of care under the direct training of the registered nurse, charge nurse, clinical coordinator, and nurse manager. Promotes exceptional customer service with patients and their families and makes recommendations for improved patient care and the promotion and maintenance of a safe, cost-effective healthcare environment. Assists the registered nurse in providing ADL (activities of daily living) needs of patients. Communicates and documents patients’ status.
- Competent in clinical skills required of Emergency Department Patient Care Technician.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to function effectively in a challenging environment.
- Proficient in venipuncture and capillary techniques.
- Proficient in waived and moderate complexity testing procedures.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions
- Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
A. Work Experience
One year phlebotomy experience.
B. Education and Training
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current CPR
- ASCP, CNA, EMT, equivalent phlebotomy certification, or MA certificate required.