El Paso Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Office Coordinator Case Management
at El Paso Children's Hospital
Under the general supervision of the Director of Case Management, the Case Management Office Coordinator is responsible for collaborating with the multidisciplinary team and supporting the case management team. Duties include coordinating information, communicating with internal and external resources, facilitating a safe and effective transition of care to patient’s discharge destination, and performance administrative duties to support overall daily operations.
- Ability to utilize proficient verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to self-motivate, multi-task, and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use analytical, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of HIPAA standards.
- Knowledge of third-party payers, insurance coverage, and insurance verification procedures
- Knowledge of managed care and insurance contractual agreements.
- Strong customer service orientation to include people of all social, economic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of basic computer, word-processing, and spreadsheet skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
One year professional experience in a hospital or healthcare-related setting.
BLS (CPR) certification required within 90 days of hire.
Education and Training:
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Certified Medical Assistant or equivalent preferred.