El Paso Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Master Social Worker-PRN
at El Paso Children's Hospital
Provides social work services to patients and their families: emotional support, counseling, assessment of patient and family needs and referral to community resources. Provides education to patients, families and hospital staff regarding health, safety and psychosocial issues. Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team and applies principles of family centered care, empowering families and advocating for family needs in collaboration with interdisciplinary teams and community resources to effect positive patient and family outcomes.
- Knowledgeable of Social Work principles and standard practices.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain the utmost confidentiality at all times
- Knowledgeable of community resources.
- Able to work with people of all social, economic, and cultural backgrounds
- Flexible, open-minded and adaptable to change
- Demonstrated ability to connect patients and families with appropriate services
- Bilingual English/Spanish, culturally sensitive.
- One year professional experience in acute care pediatric hospital, family or children’s agency preferred.
- Familiarity with resources for children of all ages especially as related to medical services preferred.
- Must hold a current Texas Social Work license and be in good standing with the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners.
- Or currently hold a temporary license from the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners and be eligible to test for final license within 60 days of hire.
- Adherence to the National Association of Social Work Code of Ethics.
Education and Training:
Master’s Degree in Social Work.