El Paso Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Dietitian Reg.-PT
at El Paso Children's Hospital
The Clinical Dietitian works closely with the interdisciplinary health care team to provide nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy that are integrated and compatible with the patient''''s medical program goals and objectives. Primary responsibilities include developing and implementing nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy using established standards of care and practice protocols/guidelines; managing resources in a cost effective manner; participating in performance improvement efforts; and maintaining professional competency and skills required for professional practice.
- Must be able to read, speak and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow oral and written instructions, diet manuals/information, computer programs and safety precautions.
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form to patients, public, medical staff, and physician's one on one or in group settings.
- Ability to function independently on assigned patient care units.
- Ability to counsel and educate others.
- General knowledge of nutrient analysis, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
- Bi-lingual (English, Spanish) preferred. Capable of educating/community with patients in both languages preferred.
A. Work Experience:
One year experience as a Clinical Dietitian with acute care setting experience preferred.
Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association. Licensed Registered Dietitian Texas.
C. Education and Training:
Bachelor's degree in Dietetics, Foods and Nutrition, or related area, granted by a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
Completion of a didactic program in dietetics and supervised practice program approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE) of the American Dietetic Association.