El Paso Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Coord-RN Pedi Onc/Hemoc - FT Days
at El Paso Children's Hospital
Under the direction and supervision of the manager, supervises the off-shift functions of the clinical units. Assists with or conducts delegated projects, assumes managerial responsibilities including supervision and evaluation of patient care and nursing Employees.
Assumes responsibility for clinical resources and coordinates preceptor activities. Assist manager in the development, implementation, and evaluation of unit-specific systems/activities, which result in organizational improvement. Coordinate activities between shifts and clinical areas to ensure continuity of patient care.
Provide clinical patient care to patients utilizing the nursing process. Utilize knowledge of professional nursing practice in providing age-appropriate care based on scientific principles, nursing standards of practice, and standards of patient care for patient populations.
- Possesses critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possesses effective interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to utilize computers for documentation purposes.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
Three years of experience as a Registered Nurse.
- RN License to practice in the State of Texas
- PALS within 6 months
- APHON Chemotherapy & Biotherapy Provider within 6 months
Education and Training
- BSN required or completed within three years in position