El Paso Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Coordinator - PACU/PreOP
at El Paso Children's Hospital
Under the direction and supervision of the Director, supervises the off-shift functions of the clinical units. Assists with or conducts delegated projects, assumes managerial responsibilities including supervision and evaluation of patient care and nursing employees.
Assumes responsibility for clinical resources and coordinates preceptor activities. Assists Director in development, implementation, and evaluation of unit-specific systems/activities, which result in organizational improvement. Coordinates activities between shifts and clinical areas to ensure continuity of patient care.
Provides clinical patient care to patients utilizing the nursing process. Utilizes knowledge of professional nursing practice in providing age-appropriate care based on scientific principles, nursing standards of practice, and standards of patient care for patient populations.
- Provides input (assist in the development) of the department budget.
- Analyzes costs, and develops processes or initiates to assure compliance with budgetary constraints. Reviews monthly departmental department budget reports and provides justification for budget variances.
- Provides guidance and professional and technical development for team members.
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings to communicate issues regarding on-going work issues, new developments and overall effectiveness.
- Develops job competencies for staff members, conducts evaluations in a timely manner and ensures evaluations are fair and consistent and that performance expectations are communicated.
- Participates in the recruitment and retention of qualified staff members. Responsible for the appropriate orientation, development and training of staff members.
- Performs conflict resolution, problem solving and initiates progressive disciplinary action when necessary.
- Develops and implements department policies and procedures as necessary.
- Develops, reviews, and revises Hospital policies. Plays a key role in the implementation of such policies.
- Provides leadership in problem identification and inter / intra departmental coordination of problem resolution.
- Support an atmosphere of Total Quality Improvement within the department through its motivation, coaching and staff development and / or application and interpretation of department policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with the Magnet Program Manager to develop processes and systems to support the Magnet Hospital
- Manages department in compliance with established policies and procedure of El Paso Children’s Hospital, regulations or applicable regulatory agencies and TJC standards.
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
- Ability to foster and facilitate effective working relationships and team building.
- Willingness to accept and manage change.
- Ability to analyze situations and solve problems.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Ability to supervise and evaluate Employees.
- Skilled in the use of computer systems and related software applications
Three years experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Current RN License to practice in the State of Texas.
- Current CPR Certification
- ACLS and PALS within 6 months
Education and Training:
Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.