El Paso Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Lab Assist-PT Day
at El Paso Children's Hospital
Under general supervision, Performs venous and capillary punctures on patients, processes Laboratory specimens for subsequent analysis, handles incoming telephone communication and provides instructions to patients regarding specimen collections. Independently, as appropriate, processes and files incoming and outgoing Laboratory orders and reports using the L.I.S. Performs wavered testing under the direction of the shift/section supervisor. Provides patient care to patients of varying ages with age related needs.
- Familiar with keyboard and CRT use.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in venipuncture and capillary techniques.
- Proficient in wavered and moderate complexity testing procedures.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
National Certification as Medical Assistant or Phlebotomist.
Subsequent annual renewal of certificate required
Education and Training:
High School graduate or equivalent education required.
Completion of a Medical Assistant or Phlebotomist Course.