Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Burnett Specialists
Job Reference # : 70-103996-18EG
Position Summary for Material Handler
We have an immediate need for your warehousing skills. Distribution center located in the Butterfield Trail area is looking for a Material Handler to add to their team. Your supervisor is eager to show you the ropes and value you for a job well done.
Responsibilities for Material Handler
1) Assure that all safety procedures and policies are followed. Safety shoes are required and no caps are allowed to be worn inside the warehouse.
2) Operate forklifts and pallet jacks to move, pick, process and load outgoing product. Sit down and Stand forklift certification required.
3) At least 2 years of warehousing experience along with knowledge on the usage of RF scanners.
4) Build, strap, shrink wrap and sometimes weigh pallets for outgoing shipments.
5) Accurately loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
6) Loads materials into vehicles by hand or forklift, needs to be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
7) Conveys materials to or from storage or work sites to designated area, using hand truck or forklift.
8) Have the ability to lift heavy objects in a safe manner.
9) Assembles boxes for packing or re packing procedures.
10) If not able to attend work, associate must call in before the start of his/her shift. Must be able to work overtime if needed.
11) inventory and cycle count product on an organized schedule.
12) Assure that all safety procedures and policies are followed.
Qualifications for Material Handler
1) Forklift certification and experience. Sit Down and Stand Up certification required.
2) Experience with RF scanners.
3)Ability to work under pressure.
Regular shift (9:30 am to 6:00 pm) with OT possible and Saturday's.
Position is long term.
Compensation & Benefits for Material Handler
As a Burnett/Choice temporary or contract employee, you can benefit from Weekly Pay, Direct Pay Deposit, Global Card Paycard, Medical Indemnity Plan, Free Online Training, and Credit Union Membership (Houston, El Paso, Dallas, San Antonio). Plus, the ability to earn Service Bonuses, Holiday Pay, Referral Bonuses, and company ownership in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Position Type for Material Handler
Temp - hire
If you have questions concerning this position, please contact Ernie Garcia.
Thank you for choosing Burnett Specialists. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
As the largest employee-owned staffing and placement firm in Texas, Burnett Specialists / Choice Specialists is your top resource for your employment needs. Placing top talent with best-in-class employers all across Texas for more than three decades, Burnett Specialists / Choice Specialists continues to help Texas careers and companies grow. We are always on the lookout for motivated, energetic individuals to add to our growing team as our organization continues to expand.
Named as an Award of Excellence Winner for nine straight years by the Better Business Bureau, Burnett Specialists / Choice Specialists is consistently recognized for our organizational achievements and for our commitment to the communities we serve.
A regional industry leader for staffing and employment resources since 1974, Burnett Specialists / Choice Specialists ranks in the Top 12 Temporary Staffing and/or Placement Firms in the metropolitan areas of Houston, Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio. We are also the 6th largest woman-owned business in Texas.
If you are searching for your next career move, come see what Burnett Specialists / Choice Specialists is all about. We offer a wide variety of specializations and employer connections that showcase your skills and put you in the driver’s seat for your career success: