Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Network Manager
at Burnett Specialists
Job Reference # : 70-111740-19LIM
Position Summary for IT Network Manager
Working here is a fast-paced adventure that will challenge you and enhance your skills. Great company in Northeast El Paso is looking for an IT Network Manager to add to their team. Take your place and make a valuable contribution.
Responsibilities for IT Network Manager
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
1. Assumes responsibility for the efficient, effective and accurate performance of the Network Manager position.
a. Is a leader. Leads the diverse team of IT professionals
b. Expert in Microsoft Active Directory design and administration, as well as an expert in networking, routing, and SANs.
c. Designs, manages and maintains the LAN/WAN including file servers, switches, routers and firewalls.
d. Has a thorough understanding of VMware environments, including the design, implementation, and administration.
e. Responsible for overseeing regular backups and monitoring system space usage.
f. Directs the Network Administrators, System Administrators, and Service Desk Technicians in analyzing,
reviewing, enhancing, and tailoring existing systems to increase operating efficiency or to adapt to organizational needs.
g. Ensure Microsoft Licensing is current and in compliance.
h. Ensures that personnel are well trained, effective, and optimally used. Identifies training needs and develops and implements appropriate training programs. Conducts training sessions and cross-trains as appropriate.
2. Assumes responsibility for effectively managing and directing the administrative functions related to the company's large and mid-range computer and network infrastructure.
a. Assists the VP of IT and the CIO in developing long-term plans for company IT infrastructure.
b. Analyzes business functions and management information needs and seeks new and more effective solutions. Breaks down business needs and organizes them into technical support tasks.
c. Uses effective communication, technology and sales skills to identify internal client and business partner needs and offers solutions that best fit those needs. Acts as a consultant and resource to the organization as a whole.
d. Manages the maintenance and repairs of servers, computers and peripheral equipment. Contacts vendors and arranges for upgrades, updates, patches and replacements on software and hardware products.
e. Decisions and activities can clearly be linked to “Improve Lives. Achieve Dreams.”
4. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and working relationships with co-workers and management.
Qualifications for IT Network Manager
•Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or a bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field combined with education, training, and experience related to computer and information systems.
•One or more of the following certifications is preferred: ITIL, MCP, MTA, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, VMware.
• Thorough understanding of information systems including focused knowledge on Windows Active Directory, Virtualization, Storage Area Networks, Cisco networking (routing and switching), and other related software and hardware.
• Knowledge and understanding of infrastructure monitoring and management including service desk operations.
• Ability to troubleshoot technical issues including research, planning, and providing appropriate recommendations.
• SharePoint experience a plus.
• Experience leading a team of IT professionals.
• Six (6) years of experience administrating a Windows and/or networking environment to include a minimum of four (4) years of managing technology teams.
• Experience should include: design, daily operations, backups, restores, hardware, software upgrades, and VOIP.
Compensation & Benefits for IT Network Manager
•Benefits : Full time, permanent employees are eligible for:
oPaid holidays, vacation, and personal time off
oMedical, dental, and vision insurance
oShort and Long Term Disability
o401(k) retirement plans
Position Type for IT Network Manager
If you have questions concerning this position, please contact Laura Mora.
Thank you for choosing Burnett Specialists. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
As the largest employee-owned staffing and placement firm in Texas, Burnett Specialists / Choice Specialists is your top resource for your employment needs. Placing top talent with best-in-class employers all across Texas for more than three decades, Burnett Specialists / Choice Specialists continues to help Texas careers and companies grow. We are always on the lookout for motivated, energetic individuals to add to our growing team as our organization continues to expand.
Named as an Award of Excellence Winner for nine straight years by the Better Business Bureau, Burnett Specialists / Choice Specialists is consistently recognized for our organizational achievements and for our commitment to the communities we serve.
A regional industry leader for staffing and employment resources since 1974, Burnett Specialists / Choice Specialists ranks in the Top 12 Temporary Staffing and/or Placement Firms in the metropolitan areas of Houston, Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio. We are also the 6th largest woman-owned business in Texas.
If you are searching for your next career move, come see what Burnett Specialists / Choice Specialists is all about. We offer a wide variety of specializations and employer connections that showcase your skills and put you in the driver’s seat for your career success: