Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accelerated Retail Store Management Program
at Bridgestone Corporation
- Store Address
- 9328 Dyer St
- Employee Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Degree Preferred
- 4 Year Degree
- Requisition ID
- US-TX-EL PASO
- Business Unit
- Firestone Complete Auto Care
Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC employs over 22,000 teammates in North America and operates more than 2,200 company-owned stores. The store locations include Firestone Complete Auto Care, Tires Plus, and Wheel Works. With 2,200 locations across America and over $3 billion in tire and auto service sales, Bridgestone Retail Operations is the right place to build a career.
We are currently hiring for the position of: Manager – Accelerated Retail Store Management Program
So you may be saying to yourself, “This sounds great, but I don’t know anything about car repair!”
We MUCH prefer to hire people with the right ATTITUDE, PASSION, DRIVE, and CUSTOMER CENTRIC OUTLOOK. We can teach the necessary automotive skills, but we CANNOT teach these qualities! In fact, many of our most successful store managers didn’t have automotive experience before they joined our Manager – Accelerated Retail Store Management Program!
Our Education and Development Programs:
Our Accelerated Retail Store Management program will open the doors to people that have exceptional managerial experience and are looking to fast track their career with the largest Automotive Retail Company in the World.
We Promise to Care
We understand that we offer more than just car service. We rescue people from bad days and we offer solutions for difficult situations. We are people of integrity and we believe that fundamental honesty is the keystone of our business. We are committed to doing the hard work necessary to earn the loyalty of our teammates and our customers by providing a positive experience every time. We are proud and passionate to represent the brand of Bridgestone. Every day, in every store, with every teammate and every customer….We promise to care.
To be the most trusted provider of automotive care in every neighborhood we serve.
An accelerated and intensified development position designed for experienced retail store managers from other retail companies to become familiar with Bridgestone Retail Operations (BSRO) policies, procedures, product lines, organization, sales programs, etc. The teammate assigned to this position is recruited and selected under the program designed to develop qualified BSRO Store Manager candidates on a fast-track in 4 months or less time frame, if successful. During this period, training is designed as a function of the incumbent’s background and the intended Store Management assignment and is geared towards developing the candidate’s ability to lead and manage his/her own store.
Actual assignments during this period will include:
- In-Store Customer Service Positions – at various locations throughout the region to allow the incumbent exposure to providing exceptional customer service and being exposed to various store locations, store managers, existing equipment, policies, programs, etc. (60%)
- Training Sessions and Travel Time with Region Staff Members (Region Manager, Finance Leader, HR Business Partner, Education Partner. (15%)
- Specific Store Location Assignments where incumbent will virtually “shadow” the store manager throughout the work day and will observe/perform many of the actual store manager functions as required and available. (15%)
- Structured product, policy, and sales management training and development – incumbent will be required to complete all the currently require “core”, “position”, and “suggested” education modules required for the store management position during the training period. (10%)
Seeking a leader who can:
- Engage teammates and improve retention
- Deliver on commitments and key performance indicators
- Has a passion for developing others
- Lead and manage stores through change
- Properly recognize teammates for their accomplishments
- Take care of our customers and support the communities we serve
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills
- P&L Experience and responsibility
- Proven customer service excellence leaders. Experience resolving customer concerns and creating sustained customer loyalty
- Track record of top line sales growth and bottom line profit growth is preferred
- Responsible for developing strategies, setting personal goals, team goals, and resulting in successful implementation
- Track record of coaching and developing direct reports for personal and professional growth opportunities and career mapping
- Have held the ultimate recruiting, interviewing, selection, and termination responsibilities
- 5+ years of Retail Management Experience
- College degree is preferred but not required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Experience in the automotive industry is a plus!
- Candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Military veterans encouraged to apply!
- Pre-employment drug test, physical exam and background check required.
- Flexibility to travel from store to store to engage in different strategic training programs
- Ability to relocate
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.