Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Materials Testing Technician
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- US-TX-El Paso
- Department / Discipline
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
- Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has an immediate need in El Paso, TX office for a Construction Materials Testing Technician to perform field inspections and observations for roadways, structures, utilities and bridge construction projects.
- Perform soil, concrete, asphalt and masonry testing; Steel inspection abilities a plus
- Provide daily reports of observation and test results
- Monitor work procedures for compliance with project specifications
- Interact with client representative (supervisors, foremen, project managers, engineers, etc.) at project sites
- Perform analysis or calculations to check accuracy, applicability and reasonableness of testing data; and
- Travel within Texas, New Mexico and surrounding states to support other Wood offices; approximately 10% overnight travel
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Ideal candidate has a minimum of 1 Year direct work experience in construction materials testing
- A recent graduate with a BS in Civil Engineering would also be a good fit for this opportunity
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Reliability – must be able to arrive at designated project sites prior to scheduled times
- Ability to prepare report s and documentation
- Ability and willingness to travel to support other Wood offices and projects desires; Approximately 10% overnight travel, with opportunities for longer term travel assignments
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- ACI, NICET, TTCP or DOT certification preferred but not required
- 1+ years of Materials Testing experience
- Ability to stoop, kneel and lift up to 50 pounds
- Will work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions and will walk on uneven ground
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com?
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!